- 6-6:30 p.m. -- Guests arrival and networking
- 6:30-6:35 p.m. -- Welcome and opening remarks
- 6:35-6:50 p.m. -- H.E. Dr. Elmi Ahmed Duale, permanent representative for Somalia to the UN, "Somalia today"
- 6:50-7:05 p.m. -- Dr. David Shinn, former U.S. ambassador to Ethiopia and Burkina Faso, adjunct professor of international affairs at The George Washington University's Elliott School of International Affairs, "An Evaluation of U.S. Policy toward Somalia"
- 7:05-8:15 p.m. -- Panel presentation
- H.E. Dr. Elmi Ahmed Duale
- Dr. David Shinn
- H. E. Mrs. Lila Hanitra Ratsifandrihamanana, permanent representative of the African Union, permanent observer to the United Nations
- Mohammed Hassim Keita, research associate Africa, Committee to Protect Journalists
- Moderator - Jacqueline Munalula Musiitwa, Esq., executive director, Transitional Trade
- 8:15-8:45 p.m. -- Questions and answers
- 8:45 -- Closing remarks
Tuesday, May 19, 2009
Below is the agenda for a conference on "Conversations on Somalia: Humanitarian Crisis and Piracy" I am participating in. The event is this Thursday, May 21, 2009, from 6 – 9 p.m. at The Association of the Bar of the City of New York "Meeting Hall" at 42 West 44th Street in Manhattan (map).