For those of you seeking current information on fast-moving developments in Sudan, I can recommend the following source: the Sudan Human Security Baseline Assessment (HSBA) is administered by the Small Arms Survey, an independent research project of the Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies. It has been developed in cooperation with the Canadian government, UNMIS, UNDP and NGO partners.
The project publishes issue briefs and working papers on Sudan regularly. It offers policy relevant guidance with the objective of investigating international, regional and domestic transfers of arms; assessing domestic small arms stockpiles and inventories; mapping and assessing origins, motivations and distribution of armed groups; measuring the scale and distribution of mortality, morbidity and victimization; and examining local security arrangements and demand for weapons.
- You can access the HSBA index here
- For a list of the latest updates on Sudan, click here
- For a list of updates on Darfur armed opposition groups and coalitions, click here
- For the most recent update on the Justice and Equality Movement, see here (PDF)
- For the one on Sudan Liberation Army—Minni Minawi, click here (PDF)
- And for the one on the Liberation and Justice Movement, see here (PDF).