He then proposes ideas for moving forward that include:
- legitimacy and ownership of the political process;
- security improvement linked to political progress;
- bottom-up approach to peace and state building. This section includes:
- localized community level reconciliation;
- building security at the community level;
- local administrations; and
- community economic development;
- strengthening the coordination role of the central state; and
- Independent monitoring and arbitration mechanism.
Fixing the Transitional Process Final
The paper is also linked on the popular Somali website Hiiraan.com.