The parties were asked to respond by 7 May. The mediators are preparing a conference for the Darfur stakeholders on 18-23 May.
The draft Peace Document contains sections that deal with:
- Human Rights and Fundamental Freedoms.
- Power-sharing and the Administrative Status of Darfur.
- Wealth Sharing.
- Compensation and the Return of IDPs and Refugees.
- Justice and Reconciliation.
- Permanent Ceasefire and Final Security Arrangements.
- Mechanism for International Dialogue and Consultation and Implementation Modalities.