- China is engaged in globalization and not colonialism in Africa.
- Aid is a modest component of China's engagement on the continent.
- The "win-win" discourse is misleading.
- China's policy of non-interference is ambiguous and evolving.
- The onus is on African policy makers to guide the China-Africa relationship.
Friday, November 1, 2013
The Africa Research Institute, an independent non-partisan think tank based in London, published in October 2013 a brief analysis of the current state of China-Africa relations titled "Between Extremes: China and Africa." Among its conclusions were: